What we’re about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it’s not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky – people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
Of course we offer all the benefits you’d expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That’s why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits – to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world’s leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they’ve only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX – where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
This Administrative Assistant supports the IMAX Japan Tokyo office with a wide array of administration tasks. The role will be instrumental in ensuring the day-to-day management of the office premises (accounting, bills, suppliers, …) as well as general accounting tasks. It will also provide administrative support to the local sales team, as well as to the wider organization. Among other things, the position will be tasked with supporting Accounts Receivable support, coordinate operational matters and generally be a point of contact on queries that require redirection to the appropriate group within the IMAX structure.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Support the network on operational issues and gain support from relevant IMAX groups to better service our partners.
- Assist the Finance Group with the review and translation of invoices to our clients. Identify any corrections needed and coordinate with HQ finance to revise.
- Submit invoices to IMAX Japan’s accounting firm. Check the IMAX JV margin reports and submit them to HQ finance. Check statements and coordinate with clients and IMAX. Document and invoice payments of office related items (i.e. phone bills) and send to the Japan accounting firm. Manage petty cash.
- Perform accounting duties, including issuing invoices to clients, managing rent fees, maintenance fees, and royalties.
- General affairs including housekeeping, answering phones, ordering office and pantry supplies, distributing incoming mailings, dealing with visitors, ordering flowers and condolence telegrams for our clients, etc.
- Create Box Office reports, including tracking of IMAX film box offices.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Communication skills - Ability to communicate effectively with a range of external clients and internally.
- Customer service skills - Demonstrated ability to anticipate and identify needs of clients and impart relevant, timely information clearly and accurately, coupled with excellent customer service skills.
- Language skills - English and Japanese language skills are essential
- Computer skills - Proficient in computer software, such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Organizational skills - Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in an environment of shifting priorities.
- Problem solving skills - Creative approach to problem solving.
- Teamwork skills - Able to both work in a team environment, and to work independently, be a self-starter and take the initiative.
Our Commitment To You
Our Commitment to you:
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At IMAX you'll be part of a culture built on respect - one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. We're proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company.
Before you start with IMAX, all employment is subject to background and reference checks.
IMAX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This position is located at 5F, 2-15-3, Nihonbashi-Ningocho, Ningyocho Towa bldg., Chuoku. View the Google Map in full screen.