Coordinator, Post-Production and Distribution
What we’re about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it’s not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky – people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
Of course we offer all the benefits you’d expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That’s why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits – to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world’s leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they’ve only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX – where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
About IMAX Home Entertainment
IMAX Home Entertainment includes a series of exciting strategic initiatives designed collectively to translate elements of The IMAX Experience® to the home setting. Targeted at the luxury market segment, IMAX Home Entertainment products include a proprietary fully integrated home theatre environment (IMAX Private Theatres®) and an exclusive, premium content platform (Home Premiere® Powered by IMAX). Together these offerings aim to raise the bar for home entertainment experiences, offering unparalleled quality and immersion that only IMAX can deliver.
Our rapidly growing global team consists of world class engineering and business talent with a shared passion for innovation and uncompromising quality. We are an entrepreneurial team that is dedicated to exploring new frontiers in entertainment technology, and translating IMAX’s world-renowned audio-visual technologies to new products and formats. Our Home Entertainment employees get the best of both Hollywood and Silicon Valley.
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance & Operations at IMAX Home Entertainment with a dotted-line to the Director of Operations, IMAX Entertainment, this co-ordinator will act as a key point of contact between IMAX’s Studio partners and IMAX’s Post Production, Operations, and Marketing teams to support the delivery of IMAX Trailers and Features to the Home Premiere content platform.
Report to the VP, International Development and Distribution and regional head of Distribution, the role will support postproduction processes of IMAX projects to meet deadlines and support the distribution team to facilitate the release of titles across Japan as well as general Distribution related matters for the Japanese market. This role requires solid postproduction experience as well as strong organisational, interpersonal, and analytical skills. You will need to work effectively with a wide variety of staff and adapt to a constantly changing internal and external business environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage the delivery of all postproduction assets;
- Manage workflow for production’s output and delivery;
- Coordinate screening times and venues;
- Schedule and book test and QC sessions;
- Delivery of assets by online-transmission and physical hard drives, as well as general troubleshooting;
- P.O.C. for local Exhibition partner contacts;
- P.O.C. for local Studio/Distribution contacts;
- Produce reports, PPTs, and other documents upon requests;
- Assist in box office collection and reporting on a timely basis;
- Update/Organize IMAX slate and programming;
- Translate documents upon requests;
- Track and analyze local productions and releases;
- Maintain relationships with postproduction houses and film studios;
- Maintain relationships with production creatives in the industry;
- Ad hoc assistance as required by Distribution and Entertainment Departments in the organization;
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or above in film production and/or media production;
- At least 3 to 5 years postproduction experience;
- Strong organizational, creative problem-solving, and communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong ability to multi-task and think outside the box;
- Ample knowledge of film production and postproduction process;
- Ample knowledge of digital audio and video file formats;
- Strong and effective team player – this position requires daily collaboration with internal and external partners located around the world;
- Understanding of what makes a good film and what appeals to the audiences;
- Keen awareness of industry trends and development;
- Written and oral fluency in English and Japanese;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Our Commitment To You
Our Commitment to you:
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At IMAX you'll be part of a culture built on respect - one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. We're proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company.
Before you start with IMAX, all employment is subject to background and reference checks.
IMAX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This position is located at 5F, 2-15-3, Nihonbashi-Ningocho, Ningyocho Towa bldg., Tokyo. View the Google Map in full screen.