Distribution Centre Warehousing
One of Ontario's finest and most highly successful retail chains with 10 locations, Lastman's Bad Boy is the one stop shop for all your household needs; furniture, mattresses, appliances and electronics. We are famous for our Solid Gold promise: lowest prices, best service, integrity and commitment.
Originally founded in 1955 by Mel Lastman and reborn in 1991 by his son Blayne Lastman, the name and commitment of the organization to the community has remained unparalleled. At Bad Boy, everyone counts, and we are as dedicated to our employees as we are our customers!
Lastman's Bad Boy is currently looking for Full Time Warehouse Associates for our Distribution Center (500 Fenmar Drive). The purpose of the retail store Warehouse Associate is to assist in the daily operations in the store pertaining to; loading and unloading of new products using with the capability of repetitive heavy lifting, and use any necessary equipment, e.g. lift truck, hand dollies, etc, packing and unpacking of products, assisting customers with Pick-ups, assembly and showroom placement of furniture. The retail store Warehouse Associate works closely with the store management to ensure that all safety measure are met and exceeded.
- Picking, packing, receiving & restocking product using pallet lifters, dollies, loaders.
- Place and retrieve stock in warehouse based on labels
- Assemble and place incoming products
- Maintain / assist with inventory controls
- Assist with customer pick ups
- Affix and identify labels and/or shipping information
- Good computer knowledge (office / outlook)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to carry and lift product exceeding 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Must be a self starter and work well independently or in teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 1 - 2 years prior shipping/receiving experience preferred
- WHIMIS certified preferred
- Previous experience handling furniture / appliances an asset
- Ability to do repetitive tasks handling heavy (50lbs+) materials regularly.
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and other benefits, which include:
• Long term professional career growth
• Open environment, creative & outside the box thinkers preferred
• Fantastic employee product purchase program
• Fun & Friendly workplace
• Employee recognition events
• Medical, dental and vision care
• AD&D, Life insurance
• Long-term disability & Critical Illness Insurance
At Lastman’s Bad Boy, we are dedicated to promoting an inclusive, accessible environment, where our staff and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We continue to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve.
If you require an accommodation to complete the application process, please email Lastman’s Bad Boy HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name contact information and details regarding your request within the email.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.