One of Ontario's finest and most highly successful retail chains with 10 locations, Lastman's Bad Boy is the one stop shop for all your household needs; furniture, mattresses, appliances and electronics. We are famous for our Solid Gold promise: lowest prices, best service, integrity and commitment.
Originally founded in 1955 by Mel Lastman and reborn in 1991 by his son Blayne Lastman, the name and commitment of the organization to the community has remained unparalleled. At Bad Boy, everyone counts, and we are as dedicated to our employees as we are our customers!
We are currently looking for a qualified Sales Manager for our Kitchener store!
A critical member of the store leadership team, the role of the Sales Manager will allow the business to further develop through ownership of their assigned divisions and leadership. Each Sales Manager is responsible for a particular division (ie: furniture, bedding, appliances and/or electronics) however will be fully cross trained in all departments. The Sales Manager is to assist all Sales Associates equitably in closing sales and maximizing profitability while maintaining integrity and honesty in all matters. The Sales Manager should be a leading example in regards to customer service, maintaining store appearance and cleanliness and work in unison with the other members of the Management team towards continued improvements and store development.
- Assist the General Manager in all aspects of the day to day operation of the store location.
- Establish and provide and meet sales targets for/with associates
- Offer continued training and coaching of Sales and office staff
- Recruit, train and develop new and existing Sales Associates
- Monitor and provide budgets and sales quotas
- Be involved in sales transactions with the associates and customers to ensure a positive customer experience
- Meet and surpass budgeted KPIs
- Maintain corporate merchandising directives and standards to achieve and surpass financial sales targets
- Stay knowledgeable about products, services, promotions and policies and share knowledge with the team.
- Stay knowledgeable about competitive activity
- Assist with in-store promotions and marketing events.
- Ability to lead within a commission sales environment
- Closing / Negotiation skills
- Training and coaching skills
- Leadership and mentorship
- Budget planning and development
- P&L experience
- Integrity selling techniques
- 7+ years or more of progressive retail management experience
- Proven ability to achieve and exceed sales targets
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching ability.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong understanding of inventory management and budgeting processes
- Strong negotiating and suggestive selling abilities
- Strong understanding of basic accounting
- Strong ability to use computer programs; Excel, Word etc.
- Strong in-store marketing and promotion creation ability
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including day, evening and week-end shifts within retail hours of operation.
- Professionalism and a passion for retail.
- Long term professional career growth
- Effective training and development programs
- Open environment, creative & outside the box thinkers preferred
- Flexible work hours
- Fantastic employee product purchase program
- Fun & Friendly workplace
- Employee recognition events
- Medical, dental and vision care
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
If you are ready and want to contribute to the success and profitability of the organization while managing a great team, then this may be the role for you!!!
We thank all candidates for their resumes, however only those meeting our required criteria will be contacted for an interview.
At Lastman’s Bad Boy, we are dedicated to promoting an inclusive, accessible environment, where our staff and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We continue to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve.
If you require an accommodation to complete the application process, please email Lastman’s Bad Boy HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name contact information and details regarding your request within the email.