Retail Customer Service
Front Office Customer Care
One of Ontario's finest and most highly successful retail chains with 10 locations, Lastman's Bad Boy is the one stop shop for all your household needs; furniture, mattresses, appliances and electronics. We are famous for our Solid Gold promise: lowest prices, best service, integrity and commitment.
Originally founded in 1955 by Mel Lastman and reborn in 1991 by his son Blayne Lastman, the name and commitment of the organization to the community has remained unparalleled. At Bad Boy, everyone counts, and we are as dedicated to our employees as we are our customers!
Lastman's Bad Boy is currently seeking a FT Front Office Customer Care person for our location.
The purpose of the Front Office Clerk is to welcome and greet the customers and participate in ensuring a positive buying experience. The Front Office Clerk correctly enter sales bills, ensures that all customer information is exact for processing, to process modes of payment as well as assist the Sales Teams (Associates, as well as Management) with issues that may arise throughout the sales process. The Front Office Clerk responds to all incoming phone inquiries, and works towards meeting the business needs in a positive manner. We rely on the Front Office Clerk to provide a positive and comfortable experience for all customer's.
- Answer phones and respond to inquiries, as well as take messages and forward to appropriate individuals or departments.
- Process; enter and acquire personal information for all sales bills
- Process credit notes and ROA’s
- Process modes payment and ensure balanced till
- Do Direct invoicing when required (ie: pick ups)
- Process financing applications, pre-authorizations, post authorizations and cash out and post
- Create, Print and confirm internal transfer requisitions
- Process and maintain special order (TBO) forms and process to correct departments
- Review and respond to internal e-mail system (anzio)
- Handle no stock situation; customer advisement, changing system dates on order etc.
- Price protection process forms
- Balance of petty cash / till
- Excellent Client relation skills a must
- Must be able to work flexible hours; 11-20 hours weekly + including week-ends and evenings.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills a must
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Basic accounting skills and dealing with cash and deposits
- Fast paced environment must be able to handle stress and multiple projects at once.
- Superior time management and multi-tasking skills
- Minimum 2-5 years office duties, customer service of related experience preferred
- Experience handling cash, deposit & cash balancing
- Basic accounting experience an asset
- High school diploma or equivalent
At Lastman’s Bad Boy, we are dedicated to promoting an inclusive, accessible environment, where our staff and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We continue to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve.
If you require an accommodation to complete the application process, please email Lastman’s Bad Boy HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name contact information and details regarding your request within the email.