Diet Clerk (CUPE), Food Services - Casual - Markham Site
Who we are:
Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH) is one of Ontario’s leading community hospitals. Across our two sites (Markham and Uxbridge) and Reactivation Care Centre (RCC), we provide high quality, patient-centred care to more than 435,000 patients each year. We offer diagnostic and emergency services and deliver clinical programs in acute care medicine and surgery, addictions and mental health, and childbirth and children’s services. We are also proud to be part of the Eastern York Region North Durham Ontario Health Team (OHT).
Our 526 physicians, 28 midwives, 2,400 staff and 1,000 volunteers serve patients and families with an honoured to care mindset and are focused on delivering an extraordinary patient experience to the residents of Markham, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Uxbridge and beyond.. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
Who you are:
- You are an innovative and patient centered individual who provides excellence within their profession
- You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and customer service skills
- You have vision, flexibility, transparency, honesty and practicality
- You are organized, accurate, able to multi task and meet deadlines
- You support the patient experience, your colleagues and others cultural and spiritual beliefs
- You encompass MSH’s core values and live the words of Respect, Trust, Commitment, Compassion and Courage
What we need:
You will ensure that patient nutritional needs are met through the processing of diet orders and menus using Meditech and the CBORD Diet Office Management System. You will also play an active role in ensuring that customer expectations are exceeded on a regular basis.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
Performing ADT interface downloading and processing diet order changes. Updating patient card files, printing patient menus, meal tray tickets and nourishment labels and entry of patient menus. Adjusting patient meal tickets based on product inventory (manage food shortages/expiry dates). Communicating with patients, nursing staff and dietitians to clarify patient requests, diet restrictions, likes and dislikes, etc. Tracking of bulk food distribution and completion monthly food transfer reports for finance. Other departmental clerical functions including reception, answering phones, data entry, filing, room bookings, placing work order requisitions, maintaining office supply, other duties as assigned. Active participation in health and safety and quality control activities of the department
This position will support the department 7 days per week, including days (4:15 - 12:15) and evenings (12:30 - 6:15). Successful candidates must be able to work rotating weekends (6:30 - 6:30) and statutory holidays as needed. Hours and days of work are subject to change based on operational needs.
Salary Grid CUP C03: $23.90 - $26.89 per hour
What you bring to MSH:
- Completion of secondary school
- Previous experience in a hospital food service department including tray preparation
- Proven knowledge of therapeutic diets. Completion of Food and Nutrition program or equivalent strongly preferred
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Experience with Meditech and CBORD diet office system is a strong asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and manage deadlines
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team to achieve department goals and meet targets
- Exhibits initiative and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good attendance record and performance record with the ability to maintain this same standard
- Commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
Markham Stouffville Hospital takes pride in serving some of Canada’s most diverse communities. We are committed to fostering an environment of equity and inclusivity where every person can work and receive care safely, openly and honestly. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital or family status, belief system, or other factors related to one’s personal identity and/or values. Furthermore, Markham Stouffville Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.