Disclaimer: Please note that the estimated pay range that is provided on various social media sites may not be representative of Cion's range for this position.
Cion is a Building Science/multi-disciplined Engineering firm. Cion’s primary goal is to provide technical services to meet the needs of the property and facility management industry. Cion’s core staff comprises a blend of, engineering, architectural and information management experts specializing in the inspection and evaluation of buildings and building information including; rehabilitation design engineering, building envelope investigations, reserve fund studies, building condition assessments, performance audits, structural assessments and drawing and document management services/software.
We are currently seeking a Project Coordinator – Building Science to join our team. As a Project Coordinator, you will be involved in: conceptual design assistance with AutoCAD, building condition assessments, performance audits, reserve fund studies, Field Review and various investigations. This role will require travel and candidate can work in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario or Quebec.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with building investigations for various types of reports
- Prepare detailed drawings and specifications for rehabilitation projects and conceptual design assistance using AutoCAD
- Conduct onsite building reviews and preparation of building condition assessments, reserve fund studies and other related detailed building reports
- Coordinate project delivery, define project scope, specify deliverables, estimate and control project duration
- Manage the contract administration for rehabilitation projects
- Effectively communicate with clients, contractors and senior staff
- Has experience in providing cost estimates for remedial repairs is required
- Has experience in preparation of project proposals, technical specifications
- Is experienced with conducting condition assessments and reserve fund studies
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of OBC, NBC and technical knowledge evaluating building components (envelope/cladding systems)
- Demonstrates advanced proficiency in design software skills including Revit, AutoCAD, and other discipline specific software
- Communicates with clarity, verbally in one on one or group situations or over the telephone
- Excels at writing reports, composing clear documents with strong editing and/or proof reading
- Has Advanced computer skills to produce reports, documents, and presentations. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Has post-secondary education in relevant Architecture or Engineering program
- Possesses between 2-4 years of experience in building science, with a focus on building envelope
This position is located at 81 Kelfield Street, Unit 1, Toronto, ON. View the Google Map in full screen.