VDC and BIM Coordinator
Fred Welsh Ltd. team in conjunction with Trotter & Morton Ltd. (FWL-TM) is looking for VDC and BIM Coordinators to join our team full time in Coquitlam, British Columbia. The VDC and BIM Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of Mechanical systems for the construction team. The BIM and VDC Coordinator will help develop models for installation and pre-fabrication projects on the Cowichan Hospital Redevelopment project.
What's in it for you
- Vacation and Sick time
- Competitive salary range of $48.00 to $52.00 per hour depending on experience
- Full time hours, 40 hours per week
- Inclusive and engaging work environment
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate Mechanical and Plumbing systems utilizing Revit
- Develop models through to as-built conditions
- Work in a collaborative environment between other trades and partners on fast paced projects
- Creation and development of detailed 2D and 3D construction documents for installation and pre-fabrication. Including but not limited to:
- Sleeving layouts
- Layout installation drawings
- Fabrication drawings
- Pipe spooling
- Quantity take-offs
- Update and track changes of existing models.
- Attend construction coordination and clash detection meetings with other trades
- Collaborate with field staff to streamline and optimize installation.
- Review and inspect installations, issue reports
- Manage sub-trades in the BIM environment
- Willing to advance both professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and seminars, review professional publications, establish a personal network of industry peers, and be highly motivated to benchmark state-of-the-art practices.
- Performs other duties as required
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Good mathematical and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize workloads and utilize planning & time management skills to adhere to strict deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and foster a positive work environment
- Foster open communication within team and organization
Technical ability/ Knowledge
- Ability to understand and communicate advanced construction concepts
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Project
- Familiarity with BIM model / layout
- Extensive knowledge of Revit
- Extensive knowledge of Navisworks and working knowledge of clash detection practices
- BIM and VDC Coordinator experience
- AutoCad and Bluebeam experience
- Autodesk Inventor experience
- WHIMIS 2015 certification
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS)
- Knowledge of Plumbing Code
We firmly believe our employees are our best assets and we are committed to providing ongoing training and support to allow them to reach their full potential. Trotter & Morton Group of Companies is an industry-leader in safety, and we strive for an incident-free workplace in all aspects of our operations.
Our Commitment to Diversity
The Fred Welsh Ltd. and Trotter & Morton Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring talented, qualified professionals without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground and to providing an environment without discrimination.
Every effort is made to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities and to ensure that our policies regarding hiring, compensation, promotions, and transfers are based solely on skills and capabilities, job requirements, job performance, and other job-related criteria.
If you have a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence, apply today and build a rewarding career as a member of our high-performing team.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.
This position is located at #201 – 94 Glacier Street, Coquitlam, BC. View the Google Map in full screen.